if you are looking for a special treat to make your special Valentine, make CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD HEART COOKIES. They are sure to make your sweetie’s heart go pitter patter!!
CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD HEART COOKIES
Crisp and buttery Chocolate Shortbread Cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day!
yield: 3 DOZEN COOKIES
prep time: 40 MINUTES (INCLUDES CHILL TIME)
cook time: 18-20 MINUTES
2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
2/3 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Sprinkles, for decorating
1. Sift the flour, cocoa and salt together. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the vanilla extract. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll the dough 1/4-inch thick as evenly as possible.
Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
4. Cut out the cookies with a heart shaped or other cookie cutter. Arrange the cookies, on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, or until crisp and firm. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes and then transfer to a wire
cooling rack to cool completely.
6. When the cookies are cool dip the hearts into the melted chocolate. I only dipped about 1/4 of the heart. Sprinkle the chocolate section with sprinkles, if desired. Place the heart cookies on wax paper until the chocolate is completely set up.
Note-you can use any type of cookie cutter and sprinkles. You can make these cookies for any and every holiday!
FOLLOW TWOPEASANDPOD ON INSTAGRAM and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, all opinions are our own.
CATEGORIES: COOKIES HOLIDAY VALENTINE’S DAY
posted on FEBRUARY 3, 2014 by TWO PEAS1